Taylor Swift vs. Avril Lavigne - We are Complicated
#Taylor’s widely acknowledged around town as the ‘good girl’ #Avril’s from the wrong side of the tracks #natural opposites that get paired as partners for a chemistry project #what starts out as schoolwork becomes something more as the girls slowly fall for each other #but there’s trouble in paradise when Avril realizes Taylor’s needy for attention and Taylor thinks Avril’s too edgy #a fight breaks out and the two break it off #Act 1 ends with them storming away from each other to opposite sides of the stage #Taylor sings of how through she is with Avril #and Avril is furious at Taylor for being so complicated
"Take off all your preppy clothes" omfg its so perfect leav e me to die
Let’s play the “how long ‘till I regret having drawn this” game
This is an ultimate masterlist of many, many resources that could be helpful for writers/roleplayers.
- Improve Your Writing Habits Now
- 5 Ways to Add Sparkle to Your Writing
- Getting Over Roleplaying Insecurities
- Improve Your Paras
- Why the Right Word Choices Result in Better Writing
- 4 Ways To Have Confidence in Your Writing
- Writing Better Than You Normally Do
- How’s My Driving?
- A Description Resource
- 55 Words to Describe Someones Voice
- Describing Skin Colors
- Describing a Person: Adding Details
- Emotions Vocabulary
- 90 Words For ‘Looks’
- Be More Descriptive
- Describe a Character’s Look Well
- 100 Words for Facial Expressions
- To Show and Not To Tell
- Words to Describe Facial Expressions
- Describing Clothes
- List of Actions
- Tone, Feelings and Emotions
- Writing Specific Characters
- Character Guides
- Writing Help for Writers
- Ultimate Writing Resource List
- Lots of RP Guides
- Online Writing Resources
- List of Websites to Help You Focus
- Resources for Writing Bio’s
- Helpful Links for Writing Help
- General Writing Resources
- Resources for Biography Writing
- Mental Ilnesses/Disorders Guides
- 8 Words You Should Avoid While Writing
- Body Language Cheat
- Body Language Reference Cheat
- Tips for Writers: Body Language
- Types of Crying
- Body Language: Mirroring
- Words Instead of Walk (2)
- Commonly Confused Adjectives
- A Guide on Punctuation
- Common Writing Mistakes
- 25 Synoms for ‘Expession’
- How to: Avoid Misusing Variations of Words
- Words to Keep Inside Your Pocket
- The 13 Trickiest Grammar Hang-Ups
- Other Ways to Say..
- 300+ Sophiscated and Underused Words
- List of Misused Words
- Words for Sex
- 100 Beautiful and Ugly Words
- Words to Use More Often
- Alternatives for ‘Smile’ or ‘Laugh’
- Three Self Editing Tips
- Words to Use Instead of ‘Walk’, ‘Said’, ‘Happy’ and ‘Sad’
- Synonyms for Common Words
- Alternatives for ‘Smile’
- Transitional Words
- The Many Faces and Meanings of ‘Said’
- Synonyms for ‘Wrote’
- A Case Of She Said, She Said
- How to: Cure Writer’s Block
- Some Tips on Writer’s Block
- Got Writer’s Block?
- 6 Ways to Beat Writer’s Block
- Tips for Dealing With Writer’s Block
- How to: Make That Application Your Bitch
- How to: Make Your App Better
- How to: Submit a Flawless Audition
- 10 Tips for Applying
- Para Sample Ideas
- 5 Tips on Writing an IC Para Sample
- Writing an IC Sample Without Escaping From the Bio
- How to: Create a Worthy IC Para Sample
- How to: Write an Impressive Para Sample
- How to: Lengthen Short Para’s
- Drabble Stuff
- Prompts List
- Writing Prompts
- Drabble Prompts
- How to Get Into Character
- Writing Challenges/Prompts
- A Study in Writing Prompts for RPs
- Para Prompts & Ideas
- Writing Prompts for Journal Entries
- A List of Para Starters
- Bad Asses
- Bitches (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Emotional Detachment
- The Girl Next Door
- Introverts (2)
- Mean Persons (2)
- Party Girls
- Rich (2)
- Serial Killers (2)
- Shyness (2, 3)
- Villains (2)
- Disorders in general (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Anxiety (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Avoidant Personality Disorder
- Alice In Wonderland Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder (2, 3)
- Cotard Delusions
- Depression (2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Eeating Disorders (2, 3)
- Facitious Disorders
- Histrionic Personality Disorder
- Multiple Personality Disorder (2)
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Night Terrors
- Kleptomania (2)
- A Pyromaniac
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (2)
- Sex Addiction (2)
- Schizophrenia (2)
- Sociopaths (2)
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Someone Blind (2)
- Cancer (2, 3)
- Muteness (2, 3)
- Ballet Dancer (2)
- Alcohol Influence (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Cocaine Influence
- Ecstasy Influence (2)
- Heroin Use
- LSD Influence
- Marijuana Influence (2, 3)
- Opiate Use
- California (2, 3)
- England/Britain (2, 3, 4, 5)
- New York
- The South (2)
- A Death Scene
- Loosing Someone (2)
- Old Persons
- Physical Injuries (2, 3)
- Sexual Abuse (2)
- Fight Scenes (2, 3, 4)
→ CREATING CHARACTERS
- Components of Your Biographies
- Character sheet (2, 3)
- Need Help With Character Creation?
- How to: Draw Inspiration for Characters From Music
- How to: Write a Biography (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
- How to: Write a Fully Developed Character
- How to: Create a Cast of Characters (2)
- Writing an Original Character (2, 3)
- Creating Believable Characters (2, 3)
- Bio Formats (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Little Things You Can Add To Your Bios
- Connections (2)
- Bio Twists
- Jung’s 16 Personality Types
- Underused Character Personalities
- Birth-Order: Personality Traits
- The Difference Between Personality and Behavior
- How to: Show a Characters Personality In a Paragraph
- 16 Character Traits
- Underused PersonalitiesPersonality TraitsHabits
- 300 Possible Secrets to Give Your Characters
- I Bet You Didn’t Know..
- Character Plots And Secrets (2)
- Celebrity Secrets
- Secret Masterlist
- Song Lyrics Masterlist
- Songs for Biographies
- Favorite Quotes: TV and Movies
- Favorite Quotes: Notable Authors
- Favorite Quotes: Celebrities
- Favorite Quotes: Popular Books (2)
- Quotes From Songs
- Character Quotes
- Masterlist of Bio Lyrics
- Masterlist of Bio Quotes
- Masterlist of Song Lyrics
- Biography Lyrics
- A Masterlist of Quotes
- +130 Quotes
- The Quotation Garden
→ WHILE ROLEPLAYING
- 100 Paragraph Titles
- Para Titles - Song Title Edition (2,3)
- A Whole Ton of Para Titles
- 350+ Song Titles
- Para Titles For You (2)
- How to: Create an interesting starter
- How to: Make an Interesting Starter
- Gif Conversations: A Guide
- A Brief Guide to Starters
- Interesting Gif Convesation Starters
- Starters Masterlist
- Gif Starter Posts
- 46 Interesting Gif Chat Starters
- Ideas for Gif Chat Starters
- Masterlist: Jobs
- Possible Careers for Characters
- Artistic Occupations
- Martha’s Vineyard Job Masterlist
- Interesting Jobs
- Para Ideas
- Masterlist: Para Ideas
- Top 50 Places for Starters
- Writing Topics: Para Ideas
- 101 Date Ideas
- 68 Date Ideas
- 22 Date Ideas
- Popular Places to Eat
- Character Development Questionaire
- Character Surveys
- C.D. Questionaire
- 30 Day Character Development Meme
- Character Development Questions (2)
- 100 Pt. Questionaire
- IC and OOC Surveys
- Online Test for Character Building
- 30 Days of Character Development
- How to: Develop Characters
- Get To Know Your Characters
Romance (in general)
- The Little Ways a Ship Gets Build
- Roleplaying Relationships
- 8 Ways to Say I Love You
- How to: Make a Set Ship RP Work
- How to: Write a Romantic Scene
- Do’s and Don’ts of Writing Relationships
- Putting a Label on It
- Synonyms for Love
- Pregnancy (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Smut Guide: Casual Sex
- Smut Guide: For Beginners
- How to: Write a First Time Sex Scene Romantically
- How to: Smut - The Bare Bones
- How to: Smut (For Virgins)
- How to: Write Lesbian Smut
- How to: Write Smut (2, 3)
- How to: Write a Blowjob/Prepping for Smut
- Smut Guides of Tumblr
- Tips on Writing Sex Scenes
- A Guide to Language in Smut
- Domination and Submission
- Making Love
- A Smut Guide
- How to: Create the Best Plot for Your RP
- How to: Create A Plot Outline in 8 Steps
- How to: Write A Plot in 12 Steps
- How to: Write A Quality Plot
- How to: Spice Up Your Roleplay Plots
- Components of Your Plot Page
- Writing Up A Plot
- Basics of Writing A Plot
- Links for Plot Writing Help
- Eight Unique Plot Ideas
- Plot Twists
- Situation Ideas (2, 3)
- Guide to Plotting
Reblogging entirely for “alternatives to smile or laugh”
upcoming movies: next weekend → 2016
THE BOOK THIEF • THOR: THE DARK WORLD • THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE • FROZEN • THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG • AMERICAN HUSTLE • ROBOCOP • DIVERGENT • CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER • THE OTHER WOMAN • THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 • GODZILLA • X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST • MALEFICENT • THE FAULT IN OUR STARS • HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 • TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION • DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES • HERCULES: THE THRACIAN WARS • GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY • THE MAZE RUNNER • INTERSTELLAR • THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - PART 1 • THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN • THE AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON • JURASSIC WORLD • BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN • THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY - PART 2 • STAR WARS EPISODE VII • PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES • FINDING DORY • AVATAR 2
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Activists to Break Russian “Gay Propaganda” Law During Olympics, Send 10,000 Pro-Gay Children’s Coloring Books Featuring Gay Kiss to Russian Homes with Kids
Copies of “Misha & His Moms Go to the Olympics” to Be Mailed Directly to Homes with Children in Sochi and Moscow During Winter Games in Defiance of Anti-Gay Law
San Francisco, CA – October 30, 2013 – Shocked by the rise in Russian anti-gay violence fueled by the Olympic host nation’s anti-gay laws, LGBT equality T-shirt company FCKH8.com will directly reach Russia’s children with a pro-gay coloring book that showcases a lesbian family and gay kiss during the week of the Olympics. Activist are protesting the “gay propaganda” law that makes it a punishable crime to say anything positive about being gay when someone under 18 years old might hear, see or read it. With its “Gay OK” message, the specially-created “Misha and His Moms Go to the Olympics” will be mailed directly to homes with children in both Sochi and Moscow. Activists are taking the action of breaking the law and directly mailing the books to children to confront the anti-gay hysteria that is sweeping the country. The illegal action is also being taken to circumvent President Putin’s attempt to quash international media scrutiny during the sporting February events with his ban on human rights protests and free speech in Sochi.
“Russia has made it a crime for any pro-gay words to be spoken and that law is about to be broken.” said FCKH8.com founder, Luke Montgomery. “The message of this coloring book is to let kids in Russia know that being gay is normal. Beating and imprisoning people just for being out of the closet, or arresting them for simply saying that it’s OK if someone in their family is gay, is an attack on human rights and a trashing of the Olympic spirit. We’re going to be breaking this homophobic law and there’s nothing the government can do to stop it.”
The activist T-shirt company’s rainbow-covered coloring book, printed in the Russian language, tells the story of a Moscow boy named Misha and his two lesbian mothers going to the Olympics. It shows the boy meeting friends from around the world, one with a mother and father, and another who has two legally married dads who are shown exchanging a small kiss with the Olympic flag in the background. Other pages that children can fill in with crayons depict Russian police beating a gay couple for holding hands and a page highlighting two straight female Olympic medal winners kissing on the winner’s platform to protest the anti-gay law. Also included is a page showing a terrified Misha being taken out of his home by police as the recently proposed law to forcibly remove children from homes with gay parents would do. The book concludes on a happy note with Misha dreaming of a Russia where his family is treated equally and the boy proudly wearing a T-shirt sold on the FCKH8.com website that reads, “Some Chicks Marry Chicks. Get Over It.”
Activists are using consumer data to identify homes with children and will be mailing the coloring books in multiple styles of plain wrappers to avoid detection and seizure by authorities. Like the various methods of disguising the books for mailing, the printing location for the illegal books is being kept a close secret. FCKH8.com is working with activists inside Russia on the project and is keeping their identities secret to protect them from arrest and prosecution.
As part of the online social media campaign to share the book’s message and evade the Russian authorities efforts to stop it, the book is being offered as a free printable PDF download at FCKH8.com which allows anybody to print out their own copy. Detailed photos of the coloring book and its pages are viewable on the FCKH8.com Facebook and Tumblr pages where the group hopes to garner 100,000 Facebook “Likes” and reblogs on Tumblr to spread the word. Photos include a smiling 5 year-old boy wearing a T-shirt with Russian text that translates into “GAY OK” using crayons to fill in the drawing of two legally married gay dads kissing.
“Being lesbian and gay is normal and OK. Beating and jailing people for being out of the closet or supporting their gay family members is not OK. Talking about gay people does not make kids ‘turn’ gay anymore than talking about left-handed people makes kids left-handed.” stated Montgomery. “This is a cruel and stupid law, and we’ll break it to make its attack on basic human rights the story of the Sochi Olympics. We’re hoping thousands can join us online at FCKH8.com to speak out against this homophobic violence.” He adds, ”Every single one of our equality T-shirts we offer on our website is banned and illegal in Russia because of this law. We’re not sitting by while brave civil rights voices in Russia are brutally beaten and censored.”
The group also plans to distribute thousands of wristbands to Olympic spectators that read “GAY OK” in both Russian and English to further flout the law. Activists are upset that the International Olympic Committee has not heeded calls to move the games and will distribute the bands at Olympic events in Sochi allowing attendees from around the globe to support equality in defiance of local law. The rainbow-colored wristbands are currently being sold on the FCKH8.com website to help fund distribution during the Olympics. A line of Russian language LGBT rights tees has also been added to the site’s offering of slogan-covered T-shirts.
Book Photos: http://bit.ly/1aHBEkd
Book Photos on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FCKH8com
Book Photos on Tumblr: http://FCKH8-tees.tumblr.com
FCKH8.com Website: http://FCKH8.com
FCKH8.com is a for-profit T-shirt company with an activist heart and a passionate social change mission: arming thousands of people with pro-LGBT equality T-shirts that act as “mini-billboards” for change. Started in 2010 with comedic viral videos that captured millions of views on YouTube, FCKH8.com has shipped over 150,000 equality tees, tanks and hoodies to supporters in over 100 countries. T-shirts emblazoned with bold messages like “Some Chicks Marry Chicks, Get Over It,” “Straight Against Hate,” and ”Legalize Love” have been publicly talked about by celebrities including Jane Lynch, Adam Lambert, Perez Hilton, and Zac Efron - who’s raved about his own “Some Dudes Marry Dudes, Get Over It” shirt in the press. With over 280,000 followers on Facebook and 40,000 on Twitter, FCKH8.com has given over $250,000 to the equality cause through directly funded projects and donations to LGBT charities.
Note: Use of the Olympic logo and mark are protected political commentary speech permitted under “fair use” laws. The coloring book is a not a product for sale.
how is it that we all started drawing that S thing in elementary school, across the country, without the Internet telling us to
Which S thing?
THE S THING
there was this big study on this and it just keeps going back and back and back to like the late 1800’s and even farther and farther and in the end no one has a fucking clue
guys, that was even a thing in France
This is a thing in Norway too what
australia too, i think its the suzuki s, or suzuki used it. idt they made it tho
That feminist parody, “Defined Lines”, was fucking disgusting. I don’t think it should have been removed from YouTube, because freedom of speech and all. However… Blurred Lines and Defined Lines were completely different. Blurred Lines didn’t demean anyone, for a start…
Let’s compare shall we?:
"He was close, tried to domesticate you, but you’re an animal, baby, it’s in your nature, just let me liberate you."
Here, Thicke outright says that women are not pets, and that she should not let this man “domesticate” her. He wants her to be liberated. Not domesticated like a pet.
The YouTube comment seen in the picture says about calling women animals as though it was done in a bad way. It’s meant to suggest that she’s wild and free, thus should not be “domesticated”.
"That man is not your maker."
States that she doesn’t need this man in her life.
"You’re far from plastic."
Feminists are constantly moaning about how this song objectified women when it outright says ”you’re far from plastic”. He is pointing out that this woman is a person, not an object.
"The way you grab me, must wanna get nasty, go ahead, get at me."
She has initiated sexual contact between them. If she has initiated this, it suggests that she does indeed “wanna get nasty”. Now, yes, it’s a bit much to say she must want to get nasty, and I’d be able to see that it’s presumptuous there if not for the next line. He does not say that he is going to act on it. He does not say that this assumption is all he needs. He does not say that due to this he intends to hold her down and screw her whether she protests or not. What he does say, is “Go ahead, get at me”. He is inviting her to initiate more if she wants more.
There is so much feminist complaint about women being naked in this video. In this case, it’s objectification and disgusting, however when done in feminist protests like “slut walks”, it’s “empowering” and a woman’s choice. Funny how that changes.
"Boy, you better quit all your sexist ways."
Very ironic in this song considering that they stereotype men as being sexist, being sexist themselves.
"Let me emasculate you"
Very different from Blurred Lines, in which he says “Let me liberate you”. No. These women are out to emasculate the men.
"Prepare for your castration"
A threat of genital mutilation. Nothingof this sort is found in Blurred Lines. This is over the top and disgusting.
"Not fucking plastic"
Who said you were?! Not Robin Thicke, certainly, as his song agrees that women aren’t plastic.
"It’s straight up misogyny"
Where was the misogyny? Robin Thicke seemed to be loving women, and talking about how they are people of their own who don’t need men, particularly ones who try to domesticate them.
"Don’t want you to come on my face"
Fair enough. It’s not for everyone. Some women like it when men come on their face. Why is this in a feminist song? It’s personal preference and has nothing to do with feminism, misogyny, or Robin Thicke’s song.
"You think you’re hunky"
Degrading/mocking him by insinuating that he is unattractive and that he thinks a lot of himself.
"You wanna hug me? Don’t you mean fuck me?"
Not only is this presumptuous, but also could be taken in rape-y way. He said he wants to hug you, and you just assume that means he wants to fuck you. If you can get rape from “I know you want it”, you can get it from this, considering that these feminists, too, are assuming he wants it.
"One thing I ask of you, don’t assume that we all just wanna screw."
This is so incredibly ironic. It comes directly after the lines “You wanna hug me? Don’t you mean fuck me?” You are assuming he wants to screw you, and yet asking him not to do the same to you? Oh yeah, and then later on in the song “know all you wanna do is fertilize”. Double. Standard.
"Time for you to witness our liberation"
That’s what he suggested in the first place… It’s not like he was opposed to it…
Not to mention.. Here’s an idea.. Maybe, the sexual content was not the men in boxers, but a feminist shoving a sex toy in a man’s mouth. And talking about vibrators. And landing strips. Being on all fours. Coming on faces. Castration. Yeah. That isn’t exactly appropriate. But yeah I’m suuuuurrreee it’s just a double standard.
Yeah that Defined Lines shit was straight up offensive and sexist towards men and women. “Real women are smart and sarcastic and read and don’t let men cum on them!” What? And then “let’s smash gender roles by emasculating men!” Is that implying that you’re not a man if you don’t act like Robin Thicke and that being emasculated is a bad thing? How are men supposed to act then? Fuck it, guess I’ll just chop my nuts off and start asking for consent before I enter buildings with women inside them.
Blurred Lines and the music video are obviously tasteless but that’s the fucking point of the song. It’s a fun party song about getting chicks and about chicks who wanna fuck. Who gives a shit? Stop being a lil bitch and change the station if you don’t like it
*continues bumping Blurred Lines out of spite*
Wow this really opened my eyes. I thought Blurred Lines was wrong because of all the feminist hype but Defined Lines was ten times worse than what everyone thought Blurred Lines stood for.
BLESS THIS POST.
I’m so over peope still talking about this but at least it’s finally been said
Still don’t know how I feel about all of this, but wow this is really interesting.
um um um, yeah thatd all be fine except *defined lines* was a parody, not a serious song. and even if you dont think something is wrong or offensive doesnt mean other people agree.
BUT I DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE HAND
I watched from the beginning but that takes a while, so what Id do if I were you is watch Blink and then if you like it start from season 1 of the reboot. what you can do is watch season 1 of the reboot then watch season 5, then 2, then 6, then 3, then 7, then 4, and then the specials, youll be all uptodate then.